As followers of Jesus we are never called to live alone in a vacuum. From the very beginning God created man and woman to create a family that would live in relationship with Him. God’s desire all along has been to have a community that He could fellowship with.
Back in October I wrote a book review of Community Win’s by Bryan Allain. Since I have been making my blog more about a journey of faith, I was hesitant about posting the review of the book. There is nothing wrong with the book (in fact I gave it 5 stars). It is just secular in nature. However, it did cause me to think about God’s community.
We are not called to live alone. God’s Word shows that His desire is to build a community of faith. (Tweet This)
- Adam and Eve – Genesis 2:18
- Noah saved along with his family – Genesis 7:1
- Abraham to be made into a great nation – Genesis 12:1,2
- 12 Tribes of Israel – Genesis 28:3 (Blessing of Jacob the father of the 12 tribes)
- 12 Disciples of Jesus – Matthew 4:18-22 (Jesus also had other followers, the women and later the 70)
- The early church – Acts 2:42-47
- Do not forget the assembling of your selves together – Hebrews 10:23-25
We are called to live out our lives in community. We do this best through the church. It may be a small home church with just a few neighbors or it may be a church of thousands. We must be careful to not grow to a place where we think we no longer have the need to gather with other believers. We need the faith of one another, and this is how God created us. He created us to live in a community, a community that lives out a daily relationship with Him. Let us learn to walk with God as a family.
Your voice is important; I would love to hear from you.
What does your faith community look like?