The men’s ministry at Life Conyers has started a new saying: “Man On.” We are more than just a program or event. We are men learning to live for God in all areas of our life.I encouraged the men to show up each Sunday knowing that it was a Men’s ministry day. They need to show up switched on and ready to go. I coined the term “Man On.” Whenever I see them, all I have to do is say, “Man On,” and they know they need to be alert for to how God will use them. Every week they should show up ready to serve.
However, being “Man On” goes far beyond Sunday morning. We must become, “Man On” with our families, “Man On” on our jobs and “Man On” in our communities. Every day is a Men’s Ministry day. (Or any ministry day) We have to think beyond just church. Church is wonderful and very important, but we must share Jesus everywhere we go. – “Man On.”
1. At home
- As a Husband
- As a Father
- As a son
- Praying for and with their family
2. Personal Discipleship
- Student of God’s Word
- Personal times of praise and worship (Not just at church)
3. At Church
- As a Men’s ministry leader
- Involved in other ministries of the church
- Ready to serve whenever and wherever
4. At Work
- Show up each day ready to give 100%
- Seek out and look for opportunities to encourage and share the gospel
- Find ways to serve beyond your job description.
5. In the Community
- Little League and Adult Recreation Sports
- Civic Clubs (Rotary, Kiwanis etc)
- Know your neighbors
- Local Schools
- Local Politics
Man On 24 hours a day 7 days week, ready to take God’s kingdom by storm.
Now it is your turn. Let me hear from you.
How can you live out “Man On,” or “Woman On” each day?”