Today is my 47th Thanksgiving Holiday. Granted, I do not recall the first few. It can be very easy to think it is just another day off from work. Between family, work and ministry, life is a constant cyclone of activity; however, this year I want to slow down and be thankful.
- I am thankful to God who gave his own son to die so that I can have eternal life. I am thankful I can walk out my daily life with Jesus.
- I am thankful for my wife Janice. It has been a wonderful 25 and 1/2 years. I can think of no other person who I would want to walk through life with. I look forward to the next 25+
- I am thankful for my three beautiful children Chris, Matt, and Victoria. They have brought me more joy than I can imagine. I am proud to be their dad.
- I am thankful for my job, a job that allows me to provide for my family. I remember what it is like to be without one, and I pray for those who are looking for work.
- I am thankful for a host of other friends and family. I am a blessed man.
- I am thankful for Life Church, where I can serve and bring God glory. I receive so much more from the people at Life than I give.
Now it is your turn. I would love to hear from you. What are you most thankful for?
PS. Don’t miss out. Sign up for free updates. Just return to the top of this page and subscribe via email or RSS.